History of Old Ottawa East
Old Ottawa East was originally the suburban community of Archville, and was incorporated as the village of Ottawa East in 1888. The village was then amalgamated with the larger City of Ottawa in 1907. Old Ottawa East’s complete history is available for viewing at http://history.ottawaeast.ca. It includes about 500 photographs and 300 pages of text about the development of this community.